It’s easy to forget when you’re dealing with the massive stress family problems bring that you’re not alone. Many people have gone through what you’re struggling with and they’re often eager to share their stories and experiences with other parents.
Additionally, there’s constant studies and research being done on adolescent behavior and related issues garnering more information and new strategies on resolving those problems positively.
Below, we’ve linked to a variety of articles on everything from tips for dealing with adolescent difficulties to interesting new studies on diet and behavior. If you’d like to read more, please visit our Recommended Reading page, where we have included additional information for parents to get the help they need.
- “Don’t let rocky past relations with parents spoil your romance.” Children learn by observation. That’s something to consider, because how you treat your partner can determine how your child will conduct their relationships later in life.
- “Teens’ Poor Breakfast Choices Predict Their Health Later In Life”: Think your teen going without breakfast is no big deal? You may want to reconsider.
- “Get Tough! How Outward Bound Adventures Increases Teenage Resiliency”: Wilderness challenge programs can help teens deal with their problems.
- “Widespread Adolescent Energy Drink/Shot Use Closely Associated With Substance Abuse”: Teens who consume high-caffeine drinks and “energy shots” seem to have higher rates of alcohol, drug and tobacco use.
- “Genetic Mutation Could Increase Understanding Of ADHD:” Researchers are gaining a better understanding of genetic nuances in the brain and how they may benefit those with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- “New Light Shed On Learning Disorders:” New findings about how learning disorders develop may improve how they’re treated.
- “Many parents slow to realize a child is overweight:” It sounds obvious, but a lot of parents underestimate their child’s weight.
Interesting Blog or News Articles
“Teens And Parents: Battle Of The Wills:” How to manage your teen’s first taste of autonomy.
“5 Teen Behavior Problems: A Troubleshooting Guide:” Addressing teen behavior problems before they become bigger problems.
“Help For Marriages Strained By Defiant Children:” Keeping your marriage strong despite a teen’s defiant behavior.